Interlaboratory Comparisons news
Publication of a new ILAC brochure
Participation in interlaboratory comparisons or tests enables laboratories to guarantee the quality of their results and demonstrate their competence in their fields of activity.
Cofrac is glad to be able to provide its laboratories and their clients with a recently published ILAC brochure that sets out the benefits that can be enjoyed by all parties with an interest in accreditation: accreditation bodies, laboratories, professional federations, clients, ordering parties, public authorities, etc. We invite you to familiarise yourself with this document and help to circulate it as widely as possible.
National Interlaboratory Comparisons
To consult the programme of current and forthcoming comparisons or register, do not hesitate to consult the LNE Internet site: http://www.lne.fr/fr/metrologie/comparaisons-interlaboratoires.asp#lne
LNE Contact: Soraya Amarouche - +33 (0)1 40 43 37 46 - email@example.com.
- Bodies are accredited by Cofrac for the organisation of interlaboratory comparisons in the fields and for the circuits given in their technical annexes, which can be consulted on this site.
- The Cofrac document (in French), LAB INF 19, provides a non-exhaustive listing of the principal organisers of interlaboratory comparisons (OCIL) used to evaluate the aptitude of laboratories in the fields of testing and calibration.
- A new tool for Road Laboratories: as part of a voluntary procedure, the specialist group EAPIC (Essais d’Aptitude Par Inter Comparaison) organises the implementation of a system for road laboratories to enable them to demonstrate their mastery of the practice of testing in their profession. EAPIC is responsible for organising "crossover" tests in the field of roadway materials (bituminous coated material, materials treated with hydraulic binders, aggregates, etc.). How EAPIC operates-results obtained-campaigns planned (in French).
International Interlaboratory Comparisons
- The Taiwan Accreditation Foundation (TAF), in partnership with the Asia-Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (APLAC), organises a campaign of interlaboratory comparisons of traction tests on metals.
- Related downloads: Introduction to AB, Introduction Participants, Nomination form.
For more information: http://www.aplac.org
- NMi Van Swinden Laboratorium BV (Thijsseweg 11 - NL 2629 JA Delft - PO Box 654 - NL 2600 AR Delft) organises interlaboratory comparisons in the dimensional, pressure, volume, temperature, electricity, gas analysis fields, etc.
For more information: (http://www.nmi.nl)
- The Danish Technological Institute (DTI) - Denmark – organises interlaboratory comparisons in the fields of pressure, temperature and humidity.
Link to other sites providing information on Interlaboratory Comparisons
- EPTIS - European Proficiency Testing Information System (http://www.eptis.bam.de)
- IMEP - International Measurement Evaluation Programme IMEP, run by the European Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements (http://www.irmm.jrc.be)
Important note: the information given on these topics is neither exhaustive nor contractually binding. It is up to the user to check the information with the organisers of interlaboratory comparisons concerned.